Males working and studying in early childhood in Australia
Currently in Australia men make up around 2.7% of the total children’s services workforce. The reasons for this are complex. The main barriers that men face include;
- Child protection concerns.
- Low pay and working conditions in child care.
- Child care is seen as “women’s business”.
- Males are often seen as tokens or a novelty, noticed because of their gender, not their skills / qualifications.
- Men are studying or working in isolation from other men.
Contact email – firstname.lastname@example.org